This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for Tourism and Medical Treatment purposes.
2. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (single entry)
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Visa application form completely filled out
- Two (2) recent (2 x 2 inches.) photographs of the applicant
- A letter from a doctor/hospital in Thailand (for purposes of Medical Treatment in Thailand)
- Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary
3. VISA FEE
4. VALIDITY OF A VISA
- Single entry tourist visa will be valid for 3 months (you must enter Thailand within the validity of visa from the date of issue)
- Multiple entries tourist visa will be valid for 6 months
5. PERIOD OF STAY
Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 30 days or 60 days.
Nationals of countries which are on Thailand’s Tourist Visa Exemption list or have bilateral agreements on visa exemption with Thailand will be permitted to stay for a period of not exceeding 60 days. Nationals from other countries who hold a tourist visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 30 days.
6. EXTENSION OF STAY
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Centre B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 (or at http://www.immigration.go.th). The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
7. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy. Therefore, travellers are advised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.
For Passport holders of Afghanistan, Algerian, Bangladesh, Cambodia,Central African Republic, China, Democratic republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guina, Ghana, Guinea, India, Iraq, Iran, Liberia, North Korea, Lebanon, Libya, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, Sao Tome and Principe, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, and Yamen